Saturday, February 16, 2013

Reflections and Status Report for Campus-Supervised Internship Activities, Action Research, and Your Technology Skills and Knowledge Project


·         A reflection and status report of your Campus-supervised Internship activities. Where are you in implementing your Internship Plan? What activities are remaining?
I am doing very well on the campus supervised internship activities.  This is mainly due to me being a lead teacher for a campus for 2 years.  This made me work very close to the principal and even help her with many aspects of administration. I helped her with conflict management between staff, staff meetings, budget, and so many other activities that would fall into the internship plans. This also includes reviewing lesson plans, helping audit the bilingual files for many schools, mentoring teachers, and doing the monthly calendar of events. This also  included going to many campuses and having meetings with parents and also meeting with community members. I was also helping other departments such as PR and human resource with different committees so that helped me gain more internship hours. Before that I was also grade level chair at another campus and was involved with many committees in that campus as well including the SBDM and the LPAC.  This made me learn so much on many different aspects. 
I am lacking maybe some hours on technology. I want to interview a computer lab manager on what she does and how she comes up with her schedule.

·         A reflection and status report of your Action Research Report activities. Where are you in completing that work? What activities are remaining?
Since I did change campus, the original Action Research that I was going to do changed to another subject that pertains better to my current assignment.  I am doing very well and have data on it which is how to increase rhyming scores for the Prek students in our campus.  This is very near and dear to me since many years I have seen the difficulty of students gaining rhyming skills not only in my current school but for many years and for many other grade levels.  I am at the research stage with the 2 sets of scores already in and also with different ways to gain rhyming skills.  I do need to research a little more for articles that might help me gain more knowledge but am currently doing that.  I would also like to survey some teachers on what they think on the rhyming skills and why they think it is so hard for some students to grasp.
·         A reflection of your technology skills and knowledge gained in this course.
I really gained a lot on technology skills in this course.  I had no idea how to make a google document or a google site and now I can make new ones that will help me in the future. I would like to make one for my classroom or when I am an administrator.  I also gained lots of knowledge on what WEB 2.0 tools were and how to use them.  I also really enjoyed learning about live binders, on what they were and how all the information was really compact and so easy to access on a live binder.  This was a really enjoyable course especially the part of the collaboration because I really enjoy learning from others and gaining knowledge from them.  Some of the other students really helped me clear up some issues on the google site and how to make it better.  I also enjoyed the videos that helped so much knowledge as well in technology and what is up and coming in the classroom.  I really thought that flipped instruction is something that is going to catch more momentum and it has lots to do with technology.




No comments:

Post a Comment