Saturday, February 16, 2013

Reflections of Web Conferences 5352


For the web conferences, I need to reflect on: 
What I gained, what is not so important, how I will use web conferencing  in the future..

EDLD 5352 Web Conference Sunday, January 20, 2013

This web conference is very  useful in clarifying what we would do in week one and two in the assignments.  I thought this was very useful since we needed to really know what was appropriate to turn in to get out points for the assignment. Not only clarification was useful but getting our groups together for the assignments was also a good thing on that web conference.  This class required that we get into groups to collaborate and the web conference was a great way to meet people and get into Google teams that were part of the assignment but also a great way to meet people and get to know them. Another useful information that I got from it is how to set up Google sites.  I know that we had videos on how to set it up but it was also useful to get answers on any questions we had.  It was also great to know that I could use this blog for this assignment and not have to create another one.  I also really useful to get people to remind me of things like the deadline for graduation, what was really required in our Google documents and a little bit about Web 2.0 tools.

Some of the questions people asked were not very important.  Well they were important to them but they could  have easily found answers in the overviews or rubrics.


EDLD 5352 Web Conference Jan 26, 2013

The real purpose of the web conference was to  clarify issues people may have and to encourage people in their program!  That is a great purpose for a web conference.  I like that, especially the encouraging part.  The important part of this conference really was to get information. There was lots of talk about the Google documents and team documents. This was about learning what we needed to do in week 2 but many people were ahead and got me thinking about week 3 as well where there was more requirements on a showcase of web 2.0 tools.  There was also clarification on what we really had to submit which was just the web site we were using for our document and also the Google site we created for the class.  This Google site has really been a learning experience especially when people clarify things in the web conference and how to make the site better.  I also learned that the team document needed to be created so that all the team could alter it and have equal access.  When at first I created it, I was the only one that could alter it so when I went to the web conference I went back and made sure that all the team could edit it and share it with them, this was very important so that all the team would be involved. 

Some of the information that people shared was not that useful, I know it was useful to others but not to me.  It was about the ILD in other regions but since I already took it in my own region it was not that important but I am glad some people go the information they need.

EDLD 5352 Web Conference Chat Feb 03, 2013

This web conference was also mostly about clarifications which is actually good.  I like when people ask questions that I didn't even think of but that I actually had but then I still get answers to those questions.  So glad to have all those classmates with all the ideas that they share and ask for clarifications and even just listening to the web conference can really help you gain so much information. For example this question: "Week 3 assignment had us creating another group document, my question is do we use the same team google document that we used for week 2 and add our week 3 assignment to the bottom of the document or should we have created a new team Google document?"  This was a question that I didn't even think of but I needed the answer to so that I can continue with my work.  I also had questions on what the assignment really wanted us to do, to just talk about it or actually do it.  What is really was was a showcase and that is what our team did.  The web conferences really help get other information other than just clarifications on assignments.  Many people give out information on the tests, the ILD and what region is doing what.  I really like the web conferences and am glad even though there was glitches and some were canceled we still got some done.

how I will use web conferencing  in the future..
I teach Prek and web conferences would probably be used for the parents to learn information about what is happening in class. If I ever change grade level,  I would use web conferences for homework help with the students maybe once a week and even to talk to parents.
I would also use web conference as an administrator to talk to teachers or parents.  I know that I have a prek mentor right now that was out because of surgery and had to stay home.  She could have used web conferencing to keep our meeting. Instead she is going to have to make them up and that is an inconvenience to others where she could have already done those meetings through conferencing.
I also think that the superintendent could use web conferencing to have meetings with the principals.  That way the principals can stay in their campus in case of emergencies and they still get their meetings done every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment